Hi Friends! Happy October! I'm so glad this month is finally here! No more muggy, humid air. No more sliding around in sweaty sandals. Time for boots, scarves and jeans! Time for Chili & Cornbread, sweatshirts & football games, Halloween and pumpkin carving. I LOVE IT!
Anywho, if you can't tell, I'm in a great mood right now. Want to know why? Well...
I got some exciting news from the Her Campus headquarters today! They informed me that Her Campus Appalachian State was the 3rd highest viewed branch out of all the Her Campus branches this past week! We beat out over 200 branches!
This past week we had 6,592 views! I am ecstatic! The HC team has been working really hard to promote our site and our work has paid off tremendously!
Congrats to us!
Here are 10 things I'm happy about -
1. Her Campus, duh.
2. Two of my best friends got rebaptized last night! I am SO HAPPY FOR THEM! They had been baptized before but last night they each made the decision for themselves and proclaimed it to the world. They are wonderful, beautiful girls and amazing friends. I love the fact that we have a relationship with God in common. So proud of them! Congrats Lori and Megan!
3. It's my last full week before fall break! Awesome!
4. Thursday night I'm making a big pot of Broccoli Cheddar soup for my friends. Sounds delicious, doesn't it?
5. My family is coming into town on Saturday! My Dad is turning 47 on the 6th! Can you believe he has two 20-year-olds, a 21-year-old, a 24-year-old and a 7 month old grandson? So young! We're going to celebrate him and enjoy the beautiful Boone weather! I can't wait to see all of them and give them each a huge hug! I'm hoping Ashley and John will bring little D up here too so it can be a little family reunion!
6.Gavin Degraw is coming to Boone with David Cook and Carolina Liar! The tickets go on sale tomorrow and I think a group of HC girls are going to all go together. I LOVE Gavin Degraw. Mmmhmmm. Sexy voice.
7. I have my first Grammar test on Wednesday. Now, I know it sounds weird that I'm excited about it, but the reason I'm excited is that I'm glad it's going to be over! One test to take means one more test behind me.
8. I'm going to NYC in 10 days! My favorite place in the entire world. Concrete jungle where dreams are made...I'll be there!
9. Gossip Girl and The Hart of Dixie come on in 10 minutes. I LOVE TV!
10. I've been wearing all my boots again! Hooray! (These aren't mine, but aren't they cute?)
So, that's why I'm happy! I hope all of you are happy too! Have a terrific week!
P.S. Check out this giveaway on an HC team member's (Emily Helm) blog! She is so cute, the giveaway items are so cute and she is choosing 3 winners! Click here to check it out!