Well, I'm back in Boonetown! The air is crisp, the sky is blue...and the lunches aren't provided by my family's fridge anymore.
So today for lunch (slash dinner because I knew it had to marinate) I made an UH-MAZING summer salad.
GARDEN SALAD WITH CITRUS VINAIGRETTE.
While roaming around on the internet, I found this scrumptious salad!
Now, I like spinach and lettuce salads, but bean salads, chicken salads, fruit salads & pasta salads are my favorite. I also LOVE vinegar. I love pickles and I normally add red wine vinegar to my chicken salad so when I saw this had vinegar in it, I knew I'd like it.
I've been trying to make healthy stuff for lunch that will last for a few days and get me out of that turkey-sandwich-rut I seem to fall into and this was from cooking light, so I knew it would be yummy and good for me!
On that note, let me give you the recipe for this deliciousness.
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (1 x 1/4-inch) julienne-cut zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups (1 x 1/4-inch) julienne-cut yellow squash
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- To prepare vinaigrette, combine the first 7 ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
- To prepare salad, combine zucchini and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add vinaigrette; toss well. Cover and chill