Pages

May 31, 2010

ch ch ch changes

Sorry blog...I've recently been cheating on you with twitter.
As sad as it is to admit (to myself), I broke down and got a twitter account. It's quite addicting! But as fun as it is, I never plan on referring to it as "tweeting". I guess I'm just not a devotee yet. So anyways, you should follow me...cause I'm cool like that. (Laura Maddox or lkm824)

On another completely different note, isn't it crazy to think about how fast life travels?
I feel like so much is changing. It is scary, yet really exciting! A lot of people around me have big things going on in their lives right now; I know people going on trips all around the country, friends that are in new relationships that survive on whole different level than high school relationships, my sister is going to start to try to have a baby in a few months and everything is just changing at a rapid speed. I feel like it's making me begin to view life through the eyes of an adult instead of the eyes of a child.

When I was younger I simply despised change. I couldn't stand not knowing what was going to happen or realizing that something was different than it was before. But now, thankfully, I've begun to embrace it little by little. I feel like the value of my life has increased with each year I gain. I can't believe how old I am and how close I am to "the real world". I feel so little and unexperienced; I feel like when I graduate from college and try to get interview at a real job people are going to look at me and wonder why I'm there.

(I'm in need of a look-older-makeover! The other day a woman asked me how old I was at an exercise class because "people 12 and under get in free..." I mean sure I'd love to get in free but I'll be 19 in August woman!)

Last night Mel and I were talking about how weird it is that in a few years we could be getting engaged. ME!? ENGAGED!? SAY WHAT!? That's just crazy. Of course, at the rate I'm going right now that won't be happening for quite a while... but still. So many of my friends are in relationships that have the potential to be so much more. They're dating guys that could one day be their husbands. It's so much fun to look at wedding dresses, rings, flowers and the colors you want your bridesmaids to wear. We've begun to pick up bride magazines in Barnes and Noble to flip through the pages imagine our "Big Day". I can't even imagine my friends getting married. I could be a bridesmaid! I could have a husband in like 5 years! I could be making an actual salary! It's like one second you're graduating from high school, and the next thing you know your Dad is walking you down the isle and pretty soon you have a baby on the way!



I can't wait for it. Bouquets, white gowns, soft baby skin, my own place, a real job, a loving husband, EVERYTHING. I can't wait...but I have to. So I'm going to enjoy life as it is now, anticipate the changes to come and keep wishing in my head for that perfect fairy-tale life.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I know that we've only met eachother once but this post is pretty much on the exact same wavelength as my brain! I completely feel the same way about the future/life. :)