Pages

July 27, 2010

new.

Another summer is about to be behind us.
Sad, but true.

But you know what's really exciting? A new school year means you get a chance at a new beginning.
                      
                     when in reality, every beginning is new;
                     if it weren't, it wouldn't be a beginning. 

The other night one of my favorite Boone friends was over - Caroline! I met Caroline through SAO (the christian sorority I almost joined) and my CRU bible study. Alexis, Renee, Megan, Jordan, Caroline and I are all in a CRU Bible Study together and they each mean so much to me! I love Caroline because we have so much in common:

  • raised in a Christian family
  • have multiple siblings
  • like the same music
  • grew up going to church and involved in youth group
  • led a semi-sheltered childhood
  • love coffee
  • aren't outdoorsy booney people
  • like the same stupid shows
  • have the same sense of humor
  • both go to CRU
  • both love Harry Potter

And on top of all that, I feel like we both want similar things out of life and have the same morals which is very important when it comes to friendship! She has become one of my best friends! She is so funny and easy to talk to and cute and I just love her! I know I am going to be spending lots of time with her next year!


When she came over the other night we decided to make Goal Lists for 2011
We're so wild right? I mean really, my parents need to get me under control. Milkshakes, Goal Lists and SYTYCD all in one night!?! Thats just outrageous. (Sarcasm obviously.)

Anyway I wanted to share my Goal List with ya'll so here it is -

  • DO A QUIET TIME EVERYDAY
  • AVOID PEER PRESSURE
  • EAT HEALTHY
  • STAY POSITIVE
  • MAKE GOOD GRADES (DEANS LIST?)
  • BE MORE OUTGOING
  • GET OUTSIDE MY COMFORT ZONE - BRANCH OUT
  • HAVE MORE GIRL AND GUY FRIENDS
  • MANAGE MY MONEY WISELY
  • BE CONFIDANT IN MY MAJOR/CAREER CHOICE
  • TRY NEW THINGS
  • GET MORE INVOLVED IN CRU
  • APPLY/JOIN THE PEEL (APP's literary magazine)
  • CONTROL MY TEMPER
  • BE HAPPY AND WORRY LESS
  • EXERCISE MORE AND GET IN SHAPE (ABS)
  • DON'T LOSE MYSELF
  • BE IN A HEALTHY AND GODLY RELATIONSHIP
  • LEARN HOW TO DO A CARTWHEEL (pathetic right? haha)
  • DON'T LET OTHERS NEEDS COME BEFORE MY OWN

Crazy list right? Well I'm going to make it happen!!!

It was interesting to see what Goals Caroline and I had in common; a lot of them were the same. We are both going to try and hold each other accountable for each and every one of them. I can't wait to be able to challenge myself to check off all of my Goals by the end of the school year!

Now I just need to get started living a happier, healthier life and actually begin my "new beginning"!






1 comment:

Lauren said...

GREAT goals!!!! :) And I have no doubt you can accomplish them!!