Pages

July 28, 2010

Trust me. I'm really just pretending to be a muggle.

There's this guy named Harry Potter...I don't know, maybe you've heard of him?

Well, we have. 

Harry's pretty much a member of the family here at the Maddox house. But unfortunately, Ashley, my Mom and my Dad aren't true fans. My Dad has only read the 1st book, but he has seen all the movies. Ashley has read probably the first 4 of the books and seen all the movies but my Mom hasn't read any of the books. Sad, sad times.

Mark, Lindy and I are the true fans. (AKA wizards in muggle disguise)

In that picture my hat is Ravenclaw, Mark's is Gryffindor, Dad's is Slytherin and Lindy's is Hufflepuff.

Here is what each one values according to the books

Gryffindor values- courage, chivalry and loyalty
Slytherin values-ambition, cunning and resourcefulness
Hufflepuff values-hard work, patience, friendship and fair play
Ravenclaw values-intelligence, knowledge and wit

I'm pretty sure If you sorted my family it would turn out like this - Ashley and my Mom would be Ravenclaw, Mark would by Gryffindor, My Dad and Lindy would be Hufflepuff and I'd be Slytherin (sad but probably true). 

Harry Potter has changed my life. I am insanely excited for the last two movies ..but nothing compares to the books. 

Nothing.

Seriously. 

The Snow covered grounds of Hogwarts. Trips to Hogsmeade for butterbeer. Sneaking out in the invisibility cloak. The never ending quest to conquer He who must not be named. Every page I turned I felt like I was with them. I couldn't put the books down. We were best friends. Harry, Ron, Hermione and Laura; I was the witch in disguise J.K. couldn't mention so my cover as a muggle wouldn't be blown. 

Long story short, my childhood would be really different without Harry Potter. I like to believe that it's what gave me a love for reading. I'm pretty sure I use at least one HP reference a day. I make jokes about it all the time. I daydream about going to Hogwarts (secretly doing my charms homework since I DO go there). 

So this is a tribute to Harry Potter. The best book series I will ever read. 

Lindy and I buying our copies of the Deathly Hallows.

Carrousel Skit - I'm supposed to be Hermione. 
"I have been trying to tell Dumbledore ever since I was a first year that Laura should become a student at Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardy..."

'scuse me. Can you tell me where I can find platform nine and three quarters?
Platform nine and three quarters?...Think ya bein funny do ya?

First trip the wonderful section of the scholastic store - the Harry Potter section

Being the cool hogwarts student that I am.

Using my awesome skills to prove I really go there...

THE YOUNGEST SEEKER IN A CENTURY.

The Maddox twins...best friends with Padma and Pavarti. DUH.

Hmm, difficult. very difficult. Plenty of courage, I see. Not a bad mind, either. There's talent, oh yes. And a thirst to prove yourself. But where to put you?


HP NERD FOREVER.


Here's a link to a Sorting Hat quiz! I ended up getting Gryffindor! WOO HOO!


If you're a huge nerd like me, take it and leave a comment about which house you're in!


SORT YOURSELF!


2 comments:

Ashley said...

Your cover is blown to me. I think I have seen you be "witch-like" a couple of times! ;) Just kidding! And yes, I did read the first 4 books, and yes, I have seen all of the movies. BUT I also read the 1st book to my class. Doesn' t that score me some extra points?

Maddox14 said...

The sad thing is this blog post is 10000000 times funnier (more funny?) if people get all the quotes you use! haha Ashely only reading the first 4 books?! 10 points from Gryffindor! (ps I had to Google how to spell Gryffindor I don't want to know how many points that looses me!)