Pages

August 02, 2010

home is where the heart is.

This weekend I got to move back to one of my favorite places...

BOONE!

I seriously couldn't contain my excitement! When we saw the Appalachian State University sign right before 421 I just started clapping because I was so happy to be back! It's funny how Boone has begun to feel more like home then Charlotte. I guess that's where they get the saying "home is where the heart is" because I definitely left my heart in Boone this summer.

This year I was lucky enough to get a place in the Wilcox Warehouse Apartment complex! It is in the PERFECT SPOT! It's right behind King Street which means its like a 5 minute walk from Black Cat, a custard shop, Mellow Mushroom, Espresso News, Lucky Penny, Macados, Boone Bagelry and a bunch of other fun places!

Since my apartment is a renovated warehouse, it has really tall ceilings with exposed beams and some rooms have cinderblock walls. It feels very "hip" and I love it so much! Unfortunately you can't open the windows though. But I also get my own room and bathroom and have really sweet roommates which makes ALL the difference.

Two of my roommates, Hannah and Lauren, are both going to be Juniors and they play on the field hockey team and Kelly is one of my best friends and we met in my dorm last year.

This year I ended up using the same bedspread and decorations from my dorm last year because it was cheaper! I think it came together well and looks really cute and I'm so excited to live here! I can't believe I have an apartment...I feel SO OLD!

Here are some pictures!

This is my bed and the picture next to it is what I ended up hanging next to the black lamp!
I made the collage thing over my bed using silhouettes and scrapbook paper!


This is my desk with these cute purple flower lights that I bought. You cant see them that well in the picture, but they are made with real flower petals!
This is my dresser area

This is my unfurnished living room!


The exposed ceilings in Kelly's Room



Lindy and Sean near footsloggers!



Lindy stalking me while I order at beanstalk...weirdo. 



Lindy and I at beanstalk!


My friend Amanda started out going to Radford her freshman year but she transfered up to APP now! She is one of my best friends and I love her so so much! I can't wait to get to hang out with her this year! 

Here we are at Capones Pizza! YUM!


I've only been home for like 2 hours and I can't wait to go back! We haven't had the chance to decorate the living room and kitchen yet but once we do I will post pictures! I love my apartment like crazy! It's going to be such a fun year!!!!

HOME SWEET HOME!

No comments: