Pages

March 24, 2011

From the mind of a Surgeon

Well, last night might have been the worst night of sleep I've EVER had. My hair didn't dry because I was tossing and turning so much and I had so little sleep that I currently don't feel that great...but sleeps not gonna come. And to top it all off, my brain was on CREATIVE OVERLOAD. I think it's because I'm stuck studying biology all day and my creative ideas can't come out so when I go to bed they are just sitting there waiting for me. That is where this story comes in. I made this up at 2:45 and legit had to type it out on my phone to get it out of my head.

I like to call this little problem that I have CREATIVE INSOMNIA.
So here's my little mini story...




I think if God wore shoes, they'd be high top converses. Not the kind polka dotted with miniature skulls or neon laces or graffitied with sharpie...just classic red Chuck Taylors.

I remember in the 2nd grade when I cut the ribbons out of Jessica Tillman's french braids. I didn't know what I was doing. I just liked the tug and pull of drawing metal through something off limits. 


That was until I saw the yellow fabric falling to the ground along side brunette confetti that used to be attached to Jessica's head.

I guess I had expected something good to happen. I associated tiny, sharp, metal instruments with healing. Two weeks before the french braid incident I had gotten a shot for the chicken pox vaccine. And even though it hurt, I knew as the needle went into my arm that it was helping protect me. 


Not to mention the fact that the pain lessened when Mom pulled the green honda up to the Wendy's drive through and I was rewarded with a Jr. Frosty.

That day, the day with Jessica Tillman, that was the day I wanted to become a surgeon.

I want to pull white scrubs over my head that resemble the white of His heavenly robes and lace up my red chucks. And when I'm playing God, scapal in hand, I like to think that the "Big Guy" is kicked back in matching his kicks watching it unfold from the clouds.


Yeah, I'm pretty sure that if God wore shoes, they'd be red high tops.




2 comments:

Ashley said...

Well at least we know your brain functions well if you can write a good story at 2:45 am! Though, if my brain was doing that to me, I might pull my hair out. : ) Love you!

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel girl. Pretty sure I've had to just say it outloud and talk to myself in order to fall asleep. ha! p.s. love the story! Such a cool point of view!