Pages

April 25, 2010

coffeecoffeebuzzbuzbuzz

Since the ripe old age of twelve I have been drinking one of the most delicious drinks in the world; coffee. Now don't get me wrong, I wasn't the most adventurous coffee connoisseur back in my middle school days. My coffee vocabulary was limited to the term frappacino (pretty much a coffee milkshake) and that was the one and only thing that I tried on the menu.

But nowadays, its a different story. My coffee vocab has vastly increased and I pride myself in the fact that I've tried about 75% of the Starbucks menu.

I've tried
(my favorite) Iced-Decaf-nonfat-no whip-raspberry-white mocha
Caramel Macchiato
Dark Cherry Latte
Blueberry Latte
Chai Latte
Marble Macchiato
Signature Hazelnut Hot Chocolate (or as Lindy calls it - heaven in Cup)
and every frappacino possible, including the Green Tea Frappacino

But up in Boonetown, in the middle of nowheresville, my loyalty to the starbucks franchise is slowly dying. See, up here in the mountains, we aren't blessed with a Starbucks around every corner like in Charlotte (or for that matter, NYC ♥) . In fact, the closest Starbucks is all the way in Hickory, NC. And this may sound pathetic, but one day I was missing Starbucks and Target so badly that I actually took a 1 hour and 15 minute roadtrip to get my coffee and Target fix. It was swell.


Luckily, I have finally found a sufficient replacement for Starbucks while I'm at school...
BEANSTALK.
Beanstalk is in serious competition with Starbucks, but the fact that Starbucks can be found practically everywhere in the World makes Starbucks win by a landslide.
(I almost kissed the ground when I saw starbucks on my family's europe trip)

And as I sit here in Beanstalk writing this post I can't help but feel quite studious. Plus, the mixed matched furniture, unique artwork, and hipster music playing makes me feel so...undeniably cool. Right now I am sipping on a Mad Monk, my absolute favorite drink. It is served in a thick glass cup and is delicious.
I'm pretty sure these are the ingredients:
Shot of Espresso, Chai, Mocha and Caramel, possibly milk?

I'm not positive, but even so, it is delectable.
So while in Boone, beanstalk will just have to do and if you ever get a chance to come here, you must give it a try.

2 comments:

Maddox14 said...

Shouldn't it be spelled BEANStalk?

petrii said...

I just love out of the way coffee houses like this. They are an unexpected slice of yumminess!!!

Have a Blessed week,
Dawn