Pages

February 06, 2011

prayers

As some of ya'll might have read on my Mom's blog my family got some upsetting news this week. We figured out that Grandaddy, my Dad's dad, has a mass on his pancreas and they are pretty sure it is cancer. Pancreatic cancer is probably the most severe type of cancer you can get. I know it has to be really hard on him and Granny, but God has it in control. It's just really shocking & upsetting news because Grandaddy is in awesome shape and is always so active and so much fun!


One of my favorite things about him is his laugh. When he starts laughing really hard its like a silent laugh where he starts crying and his shoulders shake up and down and its just infectious! I feel like I get that from him. I also love hugging him and how he always pats me on the back when we hug. Going over to Granny and Grandaddy's house is always so much fun playing cards, eating good food and just talking. 

I never realized how special it is to grow up my whole life living so close to my grandparents, but it is truly a blessing.



Anyway, I just want ya'll to please please pray for him. He is such an amazing grandaddy, dad and Godly person and I just love him so so so much.

I know that God is capable of doing anything and I'm really hoping for a miracle. It's all in His hands.

'Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.' 

ISAIAH 41:10

3 comments:

Lindy said...

:( i love granddaddy!!

Alexis Noelle said...

Will definitely be praying!

Chloe` said...

prayer is more powerful than we even give it credit for, I am praying for you Laura and thinking of you and your family... my family just got very similar news about my Grandmother....He holds the world in his hands!