Pages

December 08, 2010

exams.

Exams suck.

I'm just gonna throw that out there.

Tuesday was reading day and today I had two exams. My first exam went okay but my second exam was pretty hard. We had to respond to 2 "short answer" questions (one page each) and 2 essays and they required a lot of writing.

My hand was about to fall off.

But luckily that's 2 down, 3 more to go! 
(and two of them are projects...hooray!)

Anyway, last night I was laying in bed trying to stay extremely still to fight the dizziness that takes over me every time I flip over/try to get comfortable (which I do A LOT when I'm sleeping) and I was praying like I always try to do when I go to bed.

I really just want to do well on my exams. I want to boost my GPA and make good grades and be proud and happy with what I've accomplished and the effort I put into it

but yesterday it was REALLY hard to find motivation when I wasn't feeling very great.

I had tons to do and I was tired & dizzy with a cold. 

Not to mention the COLD COLD COLD ICEY SNOW that was outside my window preventing me from buying groceries or medicine

But as I was saying,

I was praying and asking God to give me motivation, knowledge and peace during my exams and this little phrase-prayer-chorus-stanza-whateveryouwannacallit popped into my head so I thought I would share it with you.

Give me calm, give me peace. 
I lay my time at your feet.

Give me rest from this stress
cause I know that you can do it best.

Just give me strength to make it through,
there's nothing in me left to give or left to prove.

Lord soothe me so you can use me for you.

I just think it would be a cool idea to take all the stress from exams and use it build ourselves up. God can be the very last thing on our minds when we have so many important things to worry about but he can give us the peace and rest we need so we can do our very best on our exams!

Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am - Phillippians 4:13 (the message)







1 comment:

Lindy Maddox said...

did you make this up? I like it! Very true :) I love reading your blog.