Pages

January 14, 2011

fingerprints.

In poetry class today we had to read our poems (the one from my post yesterday) and it was so interesting to hear where each person in my class had "come from". 

The most interesting (and shocking) thing to listen to was the part of the poem that was supposed to regard religion. I think maybe 2 or 3 other people in my class had lines that regarded religion in a positive light and everyone else in my class either left it out or had something negative to say about it.

Each poem was completely unique and surprisingly transparent. They were so open on the details of their lives and it was really cool to listen to them one after the other and hear the contrast of each person's life.

But it really just made me think about how each person God created has a story precisely picked out for them. 

The steps you have to take to figure out what your destined to do
The path you take to find the person you'll someday spend your life with
The lack of religion that has made you wonder or the services that let you learn
The friends you struggle to find or can't live without
The trust that was broken by your parents divorce or the love you admire
The family your memories are shared with 

Each and every one of these things is COMPLETELY different for every single person on the earth. God knew you from the beginning. 


Your tiny little feet, your tendency to overeat when it comes to chocolate, your awkward shaped birthmarks and the rebellious phase you'll face as a teenager.



God knows 6,893,398,314 stories like this (and counting) from beginning to end, completely by heart.

You are uniquely you and your life is uniquely yours. Don't take for granted the life God gave you, because no other one is like it. 




" Never has there been and never again

Will there be another you
Fashioned by God's hand and perfectly planned
To be just who you are
And what He's been creating
Since the first beat of your heart
Is a living, breathing
Priceless work of art

And I can see the fingerprints of God
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of God
And I know it's true
You're a masterpiece that all creation
Quietly applauds
And you're covered with
The fingerprints of God"




1 comment:

Lindy said...

i love that song! Thats so interesting I would've loved to hear the poems from everyone in your class :) im glad I got to see you yesterday!